Thursday, October 18, 2012

Value/Texture and Shape Collages Visual Research

Today in design we began exploring Value/Texture and Shape by beginning to create four abstract unified lay-outs collage made of cut paper. Each layout will represent a different design concept. The concepts we must create layout for are: Radial Balance, Symmetrical Grid, Asymmetrical Grid and Abstracted Self-Portrait.

I did some online visual research to inspire my designs.

 Radial Balance
For Radial Balance I did research of bike wheels and mandala both are good examples of Radial Balance.

Symmetrical Grid
For Symmetrical Balance I researched artwork on a grid.



Asymmetrical Grid
For Asymmetrical Grid I researched Piet Mondrian and De Stijl.
Abstracted Self-Portrait
For Abstracted Self Portrait I deiced I wanted to do a slightly Cubist inspired Self Portrait so I researched Pablo Picasso and Jean Metzinger.



3 comments:

  1. Your research is great! I never thought of the wheels of a bike to have radial balance but after seeing it you're so right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm digging the bike to represent radial balance! And I like the ones you chose for Abstract self portraits too, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much visual research. Pass it on over lol! jk jk ;)

    ReplyDelete