Saturday, October 27, 2012

Art Quote of the Week

Andy Warhol
Nico & Andy Warhol as Batman and Robin



“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” - Andy Warhol 

I like this quote because it shows a more spontaneous method of creating art without an actual concept or feeling you want to evoke in the viewer in mind. In Foundation Design we create design within a certain criteria some which should display create a certain feeling and others which do not. 

When I create personal artwork I usually don't think about what others will think if they will like it or not until I am finished but I do think about a story or a concept behind the artwork. I have been given negative feed back for some of the content of my personal artwork but I try not to let this affect me. I won't change my vision. 






2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful quote, I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey: This is good research and I really agree with your commentary!
    You cannot worry about what other people will think, and just have integrity with your own vision!

    ReplyDelete